Texas Medicare Supplement Underwriting

Texas Medicare Supplement Underwriting

September 20, 2017 by David Kunkle

Texas Medicare recipients may find that original Medicare coverage does not provide all the coverage that they had hoped to receive. Many people are unaware until they turn 65 that Medicare doesn’t cover 100% of your healthcare. In general, Medicare covers only the first 80% of many services. This leaves you to pay 20% of  all Part B medical costs.That could amount to a large sum of money, especially for extensive treatment or hospital stays. A Medicare supplemental insurance policy can help to fill in the gaps in coverage. These polices are also sometimes called Medigap plans. You may be wondering if you would need to go through medical underwriting

continue reading »

How to Find Medicare Doctors

September 15, 2017 by David Kunkle

If you’ve recently  enrolled in Medicare, you may be wondering about what medical providers to use. Which doctors accept Medicare? Fortunately, over 800,000 providers in the United States accept Medicare. If you enrolled in Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Part B), you can see any of these providers. You do not need a referral from your doctor. However, your costs for services provided may be lower in you choose a “participating” physician. These doctors have agreed to accept Medicare’s payment as “in full.” They will not send you any balance bills for excess charges. We’ll discuss more on excess charges below. If you have enrolled in a Medicare Advantage

continue reading »

Medicare Advantage Facing Cuts This Fall

June 4, 2013 by David Kunkle

Many of our clients are calling the agency right now to ask what will happen to Medicare in January 2014. We don’t really have a full picture of that yet since Medicare itself does need reform. Congress has yet to agree on a solution that will be accepted by both political parties. The only thing we know so far is that we may see some changes to Medicare Advantage plans for next year. Each summer insurance companies file the next year’s plan outline and benefits with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Once their plan is approved, they can begin to prepare their product for rollout to the public

continue reading »