Texas Medicare Part D Drug Plans help Medicare recipients control their prescription drug costs.
Medicare Part D covers most types of prescription drugs in the U.S., with just a few exceptions.
The following types of drugs are among those not covered:
- Drugs for cosmetic purposes or hair growth or fertility
- Barbiturates & Benzodiazepines
- Most prescription vitamins & mineral products
- Drugs for anorexia, weight loss or weight gain
- Drugs for symptomatic cold & cough relief
- Erectile dysfunction drugs
However, Part D drug plans work differently than other types of prescription drug insurance.
It’s important to understand the Coverage Gap and how it may affect you. To learn how Texas Medicare Part D drug plans work, please view our Texas Medicare Part D Basics outline.
For 2014, there are approximately 30 Texas Medicare Part D drug plans to choose from.
For help understanding Texas Medicare Part D, please call us or request online help here:
Texas Medicare Part D help